Valentine’s Day

• 9

Valentine’s Day

We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.

January 14th is the day I start thinking about Valentine’s Day.  It was at one time a busy time for me, I had some items on my Etsy site that were for sale for this holiday and just about now people started thinking about it.  1 month guys, that is all you have to think about getting your girl a special present!  If you want something made, you have to get it made now, handmade items take a while to make!  I mean you can buy flowers, candy, a card, but something made especially for the one you love really bumps up the meaning!!  Personally I just want a quiet day where I don’t have to cook, so dinner out to someplace nice is my kinda day!!  Leaves me more time to knit or crochet!!

So you want something special made, but what??  A sweater or cardigan is nice if she likes that, but you really need to order it now, takes weeks to make!  I have found some cool patterns that I think I will add to my Etsy site to offer for sale and they are pretty easy to make, so if you want to take a stab at them, you can download most of them for free.

Crochet Headband

Heart Dog Collar because you cannot forget your fur baby!!

Heart Bag or Boot Cuff

Valentine Knitted Heart Scarf

Valentine Knitted Hat

So you see, there are many different things you can do for Valentine’s Day beside the same old thing!!  These are just a few of the many that you can find out in the cyber world!!  Again, if you don’t want to make it, have someone like me make it for you and pay a little more, but something handmade is so special!!  One of my very favorite Christmas presents of all time is a vest that my mother-in-law made me, it is hand knit and came with matching turtle necks.  Even now many years later, when I wear it I get so many compliments and am proud to tell everyone where I got it.  One of a kind gift that still brings joy.  That is what handmade will get you!  So think handmade when you want to get someone something very special, it will make the recipient very happy and will be talked about for years!!

Now if you have read my earlier posts, you know that I am knitting a cardigan for myself.  It is slow going but I am really loving the way it is looking and as soon as I am done here, I will be back at it!!  I sign off and as always, Be Blessed!!

9 Comments

Brenda Marie

January 15, 2018 at 7:50 am

Knitting is something that I have always wanted to learn. I decided awhile ago that I would try. I got a kit, tons of yarn and a cute little basket to keep it all in. Then I learned that YouTube is not the best places for me to learn. I need stitch by stitch instructions. Lol!! I think that hand crafted gifts definitely make the best gifts.

Mark Richards

January 15, 2018 at 11:18 am

Hi Christel, knitting takes a lot a patience and time. My hats off to you. Being that it’s winter I am sure you are going knitting crazy.

I would like to give you a little tip on your blog if you don’t mind. If you make the font and little bigger and darker it would be easier to read.

Sincerely
Mark

chantellysays

January 15, 2018 at 12:30 pm

My mom used to have an etsy site where she crocheted hand made items. For the most part, her busy season always started around October when people would start putting in orders for Christmas, but there was always that select handful that would attempt to put in an order for something the week before Christmas and get upset with my mom when she told them she was cancelling their order because she wouldn’t be able to fulfill it on time.

hopem94

January 15, 2018 at 3:48 pm

My mother likes to knit. Have a sweater that she knitted and you are right, it’s very special to me. Not only because it is hand made but because she made it. I haven’t learned how to knit but I love to see what creative things others come up with.

Jessy

January 15, 2018 at 9:08 pm

My mother also knitted sweaters for us. I could not knit as I became allergic to the dust from yarn and wool. But my daughter is knitting now. It is a great way to relax. I love to see creative ideas also.

vogueviolet

January 16, 2018 at 12:30 pm

There’s nothing like a handmade gift.I have very fond memories of many knitted sweaters by my grandmother.

Meemo

January 17, 2018 at 12:05 am

I agree that handmade gifts are awesome! Knitting and crochet does take awhile and wish people would think way ahead of time but everyone is always on the go these days and it doesn’t click for them until it’s too late. I’m knitting items for my twin granddaughters for Valentines day. Hopefully I have it done in time. LOL

Ilka Elise

January 17, 2018 at 10:38 am

I used to knitt a lot ( guess I need to start again) and make something nice as a valentines day present
Thank’s for inspiring me xx

Amy

January 19, 2018 at 1:42 am

This makes me wish I knew how to knit even more!! I need to get some lessons

Let me know what you think! Please use kind language, we all need to be kind!

Newsletter